Sunday, January 20, 2008

Week update.

Nothing much going on this week. Took too many days' off last week and tried to do a bit better this week. After resting on Sunday, i ran for an hour on Monday in my old neighborhood. Passed the Riverplace Countryclub and up a few steep hills.
Tuesday, there was no way i was going to be able to do hill repeats with my hamstrings the way they are. I still don't know if it's hamstring problem or some kind of arthritis, so i am just taking an anti-inflammatory every other day to get through a workout. I ran to the track and did 6 x 800m repeats with 1 minute recovery. 3:00, 2:57, 2:55, 2:51, 2:50, 2:49. I feel like i really lost my speed doing the 30 km and will work on getting turnover back. The 3M is coming up and i always like to train much faster than i race. For me it works better to approach it the other way around. I feel all the 2 hour runs leave me injured and very slow. Wednesday, i ran the 7 mile loop in 49 minutes or so with a few fartlek strides of 3,2,1 minute towards the end. Thursday evening i helped Ashley on the track. We did 2(5 x 400m) with 1 minute rest in about 80s. It was hard and i am happy that my speed is coming back. The track was beautiful. It was chilly, the wind died down and they turned the lights on. I imagined running a track race...maybe a 5000m or something and that was exciting. I hope one of my kids will experience the thrill of racing at a big track meet one day in the evening with the stadium packed. Good times.
Friday, it was cold and rainy and i just jogged for 30 minutes. My new jacket worked great. I was completely dry and it was worth every penny.
Saturday, i ran for 85 minutes and felt fresh as a daisy. I hope i have enough stamina for the 3M. I also hope that i can improve on my 26th place woman finish from last year. That will be a good thing.

No comments: