Monday, after the 3M half-marathon, my hip was extremely sore. I jogged a few laps around the track very slowly. Shuffling, actually. Tuesday, I went back to the doctor for more anti-inflammatories...enough to get me through the marathon, then I will give myself time to recover. I met the group at Townlake and ran the 7 mile loop. I think we went a little faster than we should've. But, I didn't want to be left behind, so I stayed with a few new people...even though it was not easy. Afterwards, we did a few strides and tummy exercises. Wednesday, I ran from home for 30 minutes. I also, started painting the inside of my house. Thursday, we did the 6 x 1000m workout with 2 minutes rest inbetween. The 1000m's were slower (4 minute range), but our recovery had to be 2 minutes covering a lap a round the track. I liked this a lot better, because I get really stiff standing around for 2 minutes. The wind was strong, but fortunately we had a nice group and worked together. Friday, just painting...no running. Saturday, i met up with a friend that i met during the 3M race and we joined the group for the 13.2 mile run. Our last few miles were at 6:30, it felt all-right. We stopped at the 12 mile mark and jogged back really slow. He is a good running companion and even though i beat him during the race, he seems stronger. That's what I am seeing a lot. I don't think I do the workouts quite as hard, when I run a race I literally can't even cool down or I barely am able to walk to the car I am so tired. When I had to walk to the car after 3 M, I had a difficult time getting to the car...the earth was literally spinning.
Today, we ran 30 minutes on the grass with a few strides afterwards. It was good and even managed a game of tennis afterwards. I am so excited about the one and only football game that I watch the entire year. I voted for the Giants, because I really like the "underdog". It was exciting. I am wondering if my parents got to see the game. They have become huge fans of the game, but everyone is in South Africa now. It's weird being the only one here in America, besides one older brother in Dallas. I am thankful for my gazelle friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment